Sunday, January 23, 2011

in retrospect...

It's the end, now, of my first New York experience.
I've been on subways, buses, planes...
The opera, Broadway, a musical (yay).
Museums and and museums and museums galore (MoMA, Whitney, Skyscraper...)
and some more. (That I've missed...)

I'm safely ensconced back home (away from home) in Abu Dhabi, writing this last blog post at 2.48am in the morning because of travelling-from-New-York-jetlag.

20 days, just a day under three weeks to absorb a city and its history, its present and its modernity...

Modernity - because the new is in terms of the past, and the old is in the new, and sometimes the present has some past because everything is relative...

Cities and their people, their buildings countries and culture, traditions and manners - ideas made tangible.

I know more, and I'm more confused, but then again, if there's one thing I've learned it's that 'Modern, Modernism and Modernity' aren't clear-cut, every-evolving concepts result in a perpetually confused Sora.

A new New Yorker? No, I think not, not yet...

[goodbye for now, not forever.]

No comments:

Post a Comment